2018 details coming soon. Refer 2017 details below as a guide ...
EARTH HOUR SATURDAY 25 MARCH 2017 Download Flyer
Even the orbiting international space station joined the annual symbolic switch-off in 2012. Earth Hour was conceived by WWF and Leo Burnett in 2007 in Sydney Australia. The event occurs annually in March and encourages households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour to raise awareness about the need to take action on climate change.
Sydney Harbour by night....it doesn't get any better than this. Secure your dinner cruise seat today aboard Sydney's most prestigious cruise ship MV Sydney 2000. Four decks, five dining rooms and a range of menu and entertainment options for every event and budget. An experience not to be missed.
OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Captain Cook Cruises has a commitment to continually reduce our carbon footprint. Our initiatives include:
- Captain Cook Cruises uses biofuels to reduce carbon emissions. Use of special low fume ultra low sulphur diesel (100 times less heavy metal emissions than standard diesel)
- Captain Cook Cruises is proud to be one of Australia’s largest recyclers of waste food. All excess food is donated fresh to Ozharvest - a charity involved in feeding the poor
- Glass recycling through innovative ‘Bottlecycler’ technology which reduces the quantity of waste by 500%
- Jotun marine coating products are used extensively. Jotun innovative technology reduces the amount of biocides, bio-degradable chemicals in their products. Anti-foulings, which reduce fuel consumption & emissions, are used extensively
- Captain Cook Cruises promotes a strong sustainability chain as all suppliers have an independent sustainability policies within their individual organisations
As part of Earth Hour we will be turning off all non-essential lighting at our shoreside offices. Due to safety regulations ship lights will remain on, however we will dim the interior lights between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.
Children Under 18 Years
Please note children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult on all dining cruises.
- This is a Special Event cruise
- Special Event conditions apply