What's On In Sydney
Grandparents Day October 28
The last Sunday of October marks Grandparents Day in Australia. It’s a special day to show our appreciation for the contribution Grandparents and older people make to our lives and community. Join us for a special lunch or high tea cruise to celebrate. More Info ...
Grandparent's Day Cruises - Sunday 28 October 2018
- Sydney Harbour Buffet Lunch from
- Family Bonus Adult $89, Child Free*
- Adult $65, Child $59
- Long Lunch from
- Adult $89, Child $59
- High Tea at Sea from
- Adult $49, Child $45
Other Popular Cruises - Sunday 28 October 2018
- Aqua Tonic Gold Lunch Cruise from
- $129 per person
- Limited availability
- Dinner Cruises from
- $89 Adult, $69 Child
- Harbour Story Cruises from
- Adult $45, Child Free* with Family Bonus
- Hop On Hop Off 2-Day Pass from
- Adult $49, Child Free* with Family Bonus
Melbourne Cup November 6
Get that winning feeling and celebrate the race that stops the nation aboard Sydney's thoroughbred cruise ship MV Sydney 2000. The Melbourne Cup Lunch cruise will get you to the winners circle in style with premium 3 course dining and all the action of race day live from the lounge plus race sweeps, best dressed and lucky door prizes to be won. Secure your seats now and join all the fun on the first Tuesday in November. More Info ...
Melbourne Cup - Tuesday 6 November 2018
- Melbourne Cup Lunch Cruise - full details
- Event Special from $109pp
- Normally $155pp
- Free sweeps
- Best dressed and lucky door prizes to be won
Christmas Party November 16 - December 24
At Captain Cook Cruises we create Christmas Parties your staff will be raving about for years to come!
Book now and secure the best vessel, on the best date, at the best price with our special Christmas Party packages. No group is too small with fantastic group prices from just 4 guests. Cruise aboard our premier fleet of dining vessels for lunch or dinner as part of a shared public cruise, or charter your own vessel with a minimum of 30 guests. More Info ...
Public Cruises - Christmas Party Specials 16 November - 24 December 2018
Save up to 30% on these fantastic Christmas Party packages
- Lunch Packages from $65pp (min 4 guests)
- Dinner Packages from $99pp (min 4 guests)
- Valid for travel 16 November - 24 December 2018
- Book online for Lunch or Dinner
- Or call our Reservation team on 9206 1111 for personalised help with everything from invoices to special diets
Charter Cruises - Christmas Party Specials 01 October - 30 December 2018
Charter your own vessel from our fleet of premium vessels
- Celebration Package from $125pp (min 50 guests)
- Private Dining Rooms from $125pp (min 20 guests)
- Sydney Crystal from $135pp (min 30 guests)
- Valid for travel 01 October - 30 December 2018
- Visit Private Charters page for more details
Looking for a unique gift for a friend, family or colleague?
- Save up to 35% on Gift Certificates from $45pp
Christmas Day December 25
Join our family for Christmas Day, Christmas Lunch, Summer in Sydney and a spectacular cruise onboard Sydney 2000. Take in the sights from the expansive open observation deck and enjoy the feast on one of three restaurant decks. Great range of options for families, singles and travellers. More Info ...
Christmas Day Lunch Cruises - 25 December 2018
- MV Sydney 2000 Sky Deck - Christmas 5 course menu & drinks
- MV Sydney 2000 Club Deck - Christmas buffet & drinks
- MV Sydney 2000 Show Deck - Christmas buffet & drinks
Boxing Day December 26
Boxing Day (26 December) is the day Sydney comes out to play. All the action is centered around the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, one of the world's greatest ocean races. Enjoy an a la carte or buffet lunch cruise aboard flagship MV Sydney 2000, or pack a picnic and join the fun on our spectator craft. More Info ...
Sydney to Hobart - Boxing Day Cruises - 26 December 2018
- MV Sydney 2000 Sky Deck Lunch - 4 course menu & drinks
- MV Sydney 2000 Club Deck Lunch - buffet & drinks
- MV Sydney 2000 Show Deck Lunch - buffet & drinks
- Boxing Day Race Picnic Cruise 10.30am - BYO picnic
- Boxing Day Race to Bondi ex Circular Quay 11.30am - BYO picnic
- Boxing Day Race to Bondi ex Manly 11.45am - BYO picnic
New Years Eve December 31
The eyes of over a billion people worldwide turn to Sydney Harbour on New Years Eve, not only because we have the first major display but one of the world's best. The Harbour Bridge, city buildings, and specially selected cruise vessels feature in a fireworks, laser display and Harbour Light Parade that cascades down the harbour from Shark Island to the Parramatta River. More Info ...
New Years Eve Cruises - 31 December 2018
- Harbour of Light Parade & Fireworks cruises
- Fireworks cruises
To reconfirm departure details of your New Years Eve Cruise, click More Info below ...More Info
Darling Harbour Events Year Round
Darling Harbour is a vibrant waterfront Sydney hub, hosting a myriad of great festivals and activities all year round. Every season boasts major events like New Years Eve, Australia Day and Chinese New Year to cultural festivals, celebrations such as "Fiesta", "Santa Fest" and 'Month of Love", plus regular weekend Harbourside Fireworks. More Info ...
- Spring School Holidays 29 September to 14 October
- Fireworks Saturdays in October
- Whale Watching daily 31 October
- Justice League at Madame Tussauds Sydney daily to 31 December
- Star of the Show Ferris Wheel daily to 28 February 2019
Australia Day January 26
Sydney Harbour goes all out for its Australia Day celebrations, featuring an amazing line up of events including ferry races, tall ships, sailing regattas, fly-overs. Take in all the action aboard an Australia Day Lunch or Dinner cruise on flagship MV Sydney 2000. More Info ...
Australia Day Cruises - 26 January 2019
Australia Day Lunch Cruises - Front row seats to all the daytime action
- Australia Day Sky Deck Lunch - 4-course premium dining & drinks
- Australia Day Club Deck Lunch - Seafood buffet lunch & drinks
Australia Day Dinner Cruises - Marvel at the Fireworks Spectacular
- Australia Day Sky Deck Dinner - 4-course dinner, drinks & fireworks
- Australia Day Club Deck Dinner - 3-course dinner, drinks & fireworks
- Australia Day Show Deck Dinner - 3-course dinner, drinks & fireworks
Seniors Festival February 13 - 24
Advance sales now open. Seniors cruise from as little as $27.50 between 13-24 February 2019. NSW Seniors Festival is the largest celebration for people over 60 in the southern hemisphere. Captain Cook Cruises are proud to be a participant each year throughout the Seniors Festival. More Info ...
NSW Seniors Festival Cruises - 13-24 February 2019
- Seniors Festival Harbour Story Premium AM
- Seniors $27.50, normally $55
- Seniors Festival Harbour Story Premium PM
- Seniors $27.50, normally $55
- Seniors Festival Buffet Lunch
- Seniors $59, normally $95
Vivid Festival May - June
Advance sales now open - Vivid Sydney Cruises 24 May - 15 June 2019
Vivid Sydney is Sydney's most spectacular outdoor lighting, music and ideas festival, and the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. In 2018 Vivid Sydney celebrated its 10th birthday in stunning fashion and 2019 is bound to be even bigger and more impressive, and we just can't wait! Choose from a great range of cruising options for the whole family from the Vivid Lights to the prestigious Gold Penfolds Dinner Cruise. More Info ...
Book now to secure the best deals!
Vivid Lights Cruises - Nightly from Darling Harbour King St Wharf No.1
- 6.45pm Vivid Lights (Nightly)
- 8.00pm Vivid Lights (Nightly)
- 5.45pm Vivid Lights (Fri, Sat & Sun plus Long Weekend Mon)
- 7.00pm Vivid Lights (Fri, Sat & Sun plus Long Weekend Mon)
- 8.15pm Vivid Lights (Fri & Sat plus Long Weekend Sun)
- 9.15pm Vivid Lights (Sat plus Long Weekend Sun)
- 6.15pm Vivid Lights (Selected dates)
Great Value Vivid Dinner Cruises - Nightly from Darling Harbour King St Wharf No.1
Premium Dinner Cruises - Nightly from Darling Harbour King St Wharf No.1
- 5.00pm Sunset Dinner & Drinks (Nightly)
- 7.30pm Gold Penfolds Dinner & Drinks (Nightly)
- 7.30pm Captains Dinner (Nightly)
Official Partner - Vivid Sydney `Harbour Lights'
Be part of Vivid Sydney and dine aboard MV Sydney 2000 displaying the official `Vivid Sydney' lighting installation or MV John Cadman with the ‘#ilovesydney’ installation. Both vessels travel through a spectrum of light as they cruise the Vivid Sydney Harbour precincts. More Info ...
Cruise for Free Year Round
The team at Captain Cook Sydney have a passion for cruising, and enjoy both seeing and hearing about passenger experiences. Every week there are a number of great prizes up for grabs - simply share your love of our beautiful harbour to be in the running, or join our Captains Club for exclusive offers and a free cruise on your birthday. More Info ...
- Cruise for FREE on your Birthday - With your free Captains Club membership
- See More info for full details & conditions
School Holiday Fun December 22 - January 28 2019
Sydney Harbour has so much to see and do for the kids during school holidays. Jump on a rocket ferry to Taronga Zoo, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds, Sydney Tower Eye, Manly, Luna Park, Sydney Fish Market, Shark Island, Watsons Bay, Circular Quay or Darling Harbour. Fantastic value ferry and attraction entry passes, 2 day passes, plus free kids on selected cruises. More Info ...
School Holiday Specials
- FREE stuff
- Kids Cruise Free on selected Sightseeing & Lunch & Hop On Hop Off cruises
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium - FREE Circular Quay - Darling Harbour Ferry
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo - FREE Circular Quay - Darling Harbour Ferry
- Madame Tussauds - FREE Circular Quay - Darling Harbour Ferry
- Sydney Tower Eye - FREE Circular Quay - Darling Harbour Ferry
- Luna Park Unlimited Ride Pass - FREE Circular Quay - Luna Park Ferry
- Taronga Zoo Express FREE upgrade to 2-Day Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer + Zoo
- Other great holiday specials and fun
- Group Discount for 6+ on selected Dining Cruises
- Whale Watching Cruises PM departures daily & AM departures weekends only
- Hop On Hop Off Harbour Explorer - 2 days of family fun
- Fort Denison & Shark Island ferries
- 2 Attractions, 3 Attractions & 5 Attractions - Save up to 95% on Sydney attraction & cruise passes
- See More Info for details
Valentines Day February 14
Sydney Harbour by day or night is simply spectacular and the most romantic way to experience it is on a Captain Cook Valentines Cruise. Choose from our great range of Valentines dinner cruise options to spoil your loved one on February 14. More Info ...
Valentines Day Cruises
- 2019 details coming soon ...
Chinese New Year Festival February
2019 is the year or the Pig and the City of Sydney hosts a wonderful program of Chinese New Year events to celebrate, including events like the Lunar Lanterns trail, Festival Markets, fireworks, and the largest Dragon Boat regatta in the southern hemisphere. In 2019 we will celebrate the Year of the Pig! More Info ...
Chinese New Year Festival 2019
- Details coming soon ...
Earth Hour March
Over a billion people from seven continents, 150 nations around the world turn participate in Earth Hour each March. Show your support, turn off your lights at home and join us on Sydney Harbour for dinner. View the lights go out in Sydney between 8.30pm & 9.30pm and weather permitting you may even see the stars come out to play! More Info ...
Earth Hour 2019
- Details coming soon ...
Easter Show April
The Easter Show is Australia's largest annual event, showcasing Australian culture and heritage, and bringing the country to the city. Captain Cook Cruises is pleased to offer our country cousins, locals and visitors the best of the city with special discounts on selected Sydney Harbour Cruises right through to the end of the Autumn school holidays. More Info ...
Sydney Royal Easter Show 2019
- Details coming soon ...
Mothers Day May 12
The second Sunday in May is Mother's Day, one of our favourite days of the year. The challenge lies in where to spend it - at Nan's, Grandma's or Mum's place, or in the traffic going from one place to the next. Spoil all the mums in your life onboard one of our cruises this Mother's Day. More Info ...
Mother's Day Cruises 2019
- Details coming soon ...
Biennale Mar 2020
Held every two years, Biennale of Sydney is the largest and most exciting contemporary visual arts event in the Asia Pacific region. Presented free to the public, the 21st Biennale of Sydney showcases works by 70 artists from over 25 countries at major venues, including Art Gallery of NSW, Museum of Contemporary Art, Carriageworks, and Cockatoo Island 16 March to 11 June 2018. See More Info below ...
Biennale of Sydney 16 March - 11 June 2018More Info