Circular Quay rocket ferries depart from Harbour Masters Steps, opposite Wharf 6, Circular Quay, arriving at Jeffrey Street Wharf North Sydney approx 500m from Luna Park & North Sydney Olympic pool, and 700m from the Sydney Harbour Bridge walkway.
Luna Park is `Just for fun!'. Sydney's historic 1930's amusement park was built on the foreshore of North Sydney in parkland next to the northern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The smiling face at the entrance of the park has welcomed millions of visitors of all ages. Entry to the park is free and visitors can purchase a range of passes from Coney Island to and Unlimited Ride Pass.
When planning your visit please note
- A shirt or some form of upper-body covering must be worn on all rides and attractions
- Your height will be measured with your shoes on
- Footwear must be worn on all rides and attractions, excluding the Joy Wheel
- Some attractions inside Coney Island require enclosed footwear
- Luna Park opening days & hours or call +61-2-9922 6644
North Sydney Swimming Pool
Adjacent to Luna Park is North Sydney swimming pool open daily to the public from 7am to 7pm. Customers can pay per-visit to enjoy the heated swimming facilities and full use of the gymnasium, spa and sauna. Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
Harbour Bridge Walkway
The Sydney Harbour Bridge has a dedicated pedestrian walkway which can be accessed both from Circular Quay (along the Cahill Expressway from Macquarie Street via the stairs opposite the Royal Botanic Gardens), the Rocks (use the 'Bridge Stairs' in Cumberland Street for the eastern pedestrian way) and Milsons Point Railway Station (North Sydney). Many choose to walk the bridge one way and catch the rocket ferry back. The Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylon lookout is also a popular attraction with historic displays on the bridge opening celebration and panoramic views. Open daily 10am to 5pm (closed Christmas Day).
- Sydney Opera House
- Harbour Bridge walkway & Bridge Climb
- The Rocks historic precinct & weekend markets
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Restaurants & bars
- Transport hub including cruise & ferry wharves & airport train line
Ferries do not operate Christmas Day. Special or limited timetables operate on 26 & 31 December, 26 January and selected special events.